The best thing that has ever happened to mankind is a chocolate cake. As soon as the slice of a chocolate cake comes in close contact with your lips, you feel a rush of happy hormones within your body. Such is the kind of deliciousness of a chocolate cake that no other cake can ever compete with it. And that is the sole reason why everybody prefers to eat a chocolate cake over any other cake flavour on any given day.
In the list of most popular cakes, chocolate cake tops the list. Whether it’s a birthday party, anniversary celebration, or just a happy day to eat something sweet, chocolate cake is always the answer. If you live in Delhi NCR, you are in luck! It is because many reputed bakeries are offering online cake delivery in Noida sector 63 of your favourite chocolate cakes.
So, just order and relish whenever you wish or make every celebration happy But, there are many who like to bake. This super delicious chocolate cake recipe is for all the bakers out there.
This one is super easy!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs (if you are a vegetarian, you can skip eggs).
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
Chocolate ButterCream Frosting
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions for chocolate cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius (350 degree fahrenheit) or 160 degree celsius (320 degree Fahrenheit) fan/convection.
- Lightly grease two can pans with butter and line them with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, espresso powder, and salt. (Basically all dry ingredients).
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until you get a lump-free batter. It will take about 30 minutes.
- Now, add this mixture to the flour mixture and combine slowly. Now, carefully add boiling water and mix until you get the desired consistency.
- Evenly pour the cake batter into the two prepared cake tins.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or take the toothpick test.
- Once baked, take the cake out of the oven and let it cool on the rack.
Instructions for Chocolate Frostings
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add to it cocoa powder and whisk it.
- Now add powdered sugar and milk, beating it to spread consistency.
- If needed, add a little more milk.
Assembling the Cake
- Cut the cake into layers using a sharp knife or leveller.
- Spread on each layer chocolate frosting and pile it one on top of the other.
- Now cover the layers with the chocolate frosting.
- Garnish the cake with chocolate pieces, gems, almonds, candies, or any other topping of your choice.
Just Gobble it Down!
* Chill the frosted cake for 15 minutes uncovered to harden the icing,then wrap it in plastic wrap.